Reasons why you should pick up a golf club this winter!
There are around 4 million active golfers in the UK, which equates to around 8% of the adult population. Golf has never been more accessible and plenty of people are taking up the chance to enjoy the benefits of golf. There are so many health benefits to winter golf such as:
- Being outdoors is good for your emotional well-being, being surrounded by nature allows you to let go of everyday stresses, inevitable in modern day living.
- Spend time in the fresh air and sunlight, especially now the days are shorter. This allows you to soak up the benefits of the sun in helping to prevent Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- It allows you to meet new people and spend time with friends, something that we as sociable beings crave. Equally, if you prefer to have some time to yourself, the golf course is plenty big enough for you to work your way around at your own pace.
- Even doing low impact exercise such as golf is actually more beneficial for you than being indoors in the gym according to a recent study. You burn more calories outdoors too, especially so in the winter months, making golf good for your waistline.
- Golf is mentally stimulating, keeping your mind active and focussed is hugely important for brain functioning and repair, especially so the older we get in terms of helping to prevent the onset of dementia.
- Golf is a low impact and low risk sport, a day at the golf course is a relaxing environment. You do not need high levels of physical strength or fitness. It is therefore accessible to all groups regardless of age and ability.
- Golf is therapeutic, if you are finding life a struggle or have had a recent physical injury or illness you may find that being on the golf course is the perfect way to heal and rehabilitate.
- Walking round the course is a great way to stay fit. It can improve muscle tone and helps to lose weight and body fat; but you will not realise you are exercising whilst you are enjoying your game.
Don’t be put off by any winter weather, our course has recently been voted in the top 10 for winter courses, making the winter months an ideal time to play.
Forget you had New Year’s resolutions for 2015, there is still time to make a difference to 2014 and taking up a new hobby such as golf is an excellent way to start a new challenge.
You may be surprised at the different options we have on offer in terms of cost and pricing, it is affordable and at Ufford Park Woodbridge you do not have to make a big financial commitment to give it a go.
Whilst at Ufford Park you can always finish off a day on the golf course by using our other facilities such as enjoying a drink in the bar, a meal in our restaurant or visiting our health club and spa.
Back to article list