Arranging a conference at Ufford Park is easy
Arranging a conference at Ufford Park is easy - just invite the guests, organise the agenda and we’ll do the rest.
With seven conference rooms available, you’re spoilt for choice. From the stunning Deben Suite, offering to seat up to 300 people theatre style, to the intimate boardroom, boasting a mahogany table for up to 12 attendees. Our conference packages can be tailored to suit your specific requirements, whether you’re in need of a casual afternoon meeting with a break for tea, or a two-day event with overnight stays and evening meals.
If you don’t need a meeting room all day, maybe just a couple of hours for everyone to meet up, we’ve recently starting hiring out conference rooms by the hour. So whatever your requirements, we’ll try our hardest to accommodate you.
We’ll provide you and your guests a great location, fabulous food and a function specific package, leaving you free to decide on what you’re going to cover.
Ufford Park top tips for a smooth conference
- Establish a conference theme, and work around it. There’s always so much to say, and it’s easy to find yourself making space for random topics that are probably best discussed at another time. Also, make sure that if you’re to have a few speakers, be certain they are all relevant to the theme of the event.
- Ensure your objectives of the conference are clear and concise. Plan your meeting around specific, defined sections, and make sure they flow from one to the other. Unless questions get asked, try not to go back to topics already covered, or jump forward to topics you’re not entirely ready to cover unless necessary. It can be annoying to listen to, and often confusing.
- Provide a copy of the agenda to the delegates before the conference. It's crucial, yet often provided on the day, or not at all. For a larger event where there is going to be less input from the audience, it eases people's minds to know what is going to be covered, and plan relevant questions. For a more intimate event, knowing what is going to be discussed plays a critical part in ensuring the conference is a success.
- An often-daunting task can be the promotion of the event. However, just remember that you’re hosting a conference on something you’re either an expert on, or passionate about (hopefully both!). So it’s quite likely you know your audience already, and have made, or can carry out the relevant connections to potential delegates with ease. If not, find someone that does. Arrange the relevant advertising (the internet, mail, magazines, etc.), and use their expertise to spread the word.
- Planning the agenda can be a daunting task, but if you follow these few simple guidelines, you’ll leave yourself stress free to host your conference and enjoy your time at Ufford Park.
Whatever you require, our excellent Conference and Events Team are on hand to help you – just call us on 01394 383555 ext 325.
Stay in touch
Keep in touch with us and be the first to hear about some super offers.